Can I get help filing out court papers?

Yes.  Most civil courts (this includes family court) have domestic violence programs and information on additional local resources.  Each court has family law facilitators who can assist you in completing your application before you file it.  Other programs help you fill out forms and prepare for court, and then provide a "support person" who can accompany you to hearings.  Most of these programs offer such services free of charge.